Clark School Home UMD

Make a Gift






Hiring International Students

International StudentMost international students are eligible to receive work authorization during their programs of study or upon graduation. This process is much less complicated and time consuming for you than you might think.

For more information on hiring a Visa Holder (F-1) student for an internship during the summer or semester, read our Guide for Hiring Students on F-1 Visas [pdf].

For more information on work authorization types for students on F-1 or J-1 visas, please visit the Employer Resources page of the University of Maryland's International Student and Scholar Services.